Lawn Fungus Prevention and Treatment
Diseases are one of the most devastating problems of turf grasses. The most effective control is proper management and cultural practices. These include a proper fertilizer program, correct watering practices and mowing techniques. However, even with following all recommended lawn management practices, it is still possible to get a lawn fungus due to a variety of weather and property conditions. As a last resort, a curative treatment may be necessary to control a lawn fungus and prevent permanent damage to you lawn. Our curative treatments are offered individually on an as-needed basis. Early detection is vital and follow-up treatments may be needed.
Please contact us and one of our lawn care professionals will come out and determine if you have a fungus and recommend a proper course of action.
- A morning watering schedule, do not water late in the afternoon or evening
- Proper lawn fertilization
- Proper mowing height and schedule
- Reducing shade from surrounding trees by pruning if possible
- Lawn aeration
- Seeding with new resistant varieties of grass seed
Most common lawn diseases:
- Brown Patch
- Summer Patch
- Dollar Spot
- Red Thread
- Leaf Spot